Fat Girl tells HER views on hikes in the Pacific Northwest

I HATE, HATE, and triple HATE it when a hiking website or book tells me that a hike is easy and you get there and it kills you! This is because, if your like me, you might be outta shape or FAT. Hiking is a bitch no doubt about it! But, I wanted something cheap and fun to do with my girlfriends and hiking is the perfect way to rid yourself of women drama and just do something! Since I started hiking in January 2010 I have lost 30 lbs...I still have another 50 to go so I have grabbed some friends and hit the trail and I want you to do the same!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wahclella Falls- May 2010 AMAZING!!


My amazing and fantastic husband turned 35! He didn't want a party or any type of present(weirdo) so we took him to Wahclella Falls near the Bonneville Dam off of I-84. This was described as an easy 1 mile in and out on all the hiking websites I could find. Easy, you mean in you stay on the lower trail and don't mind your calf's burning from exhaustion as you climb up a freaking hill!

On this hike I wore a pair of REI pants, boots, my fleece pullover and a t-shirt.


You will think you have been walking for a really really really long time but, your not. It's a one mile in and one mile out with plenty of places to stop and enjoy the scenery and maybe eat a lunch if you packed it. There is also a place to play in the water or have your doggy play in the water. But, I am not going to lie..your gonna hate life for a few minutes as you go up stairs and down stairs and climb up hills and down hills...so be prepared to want to hurt someone or something...but please don't.

FINAL THOUGHT
This was one of the most amazing waterfalls I had seen to date. If your fat and want to get out of the house and take your significant other or kids somewhere for an afternoon check out this hike. It is a $5 parking fee at the trail head which starts at the end of the parking lot. I was not sore the next day so that's always good if you want to do this on a Sunday and have to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment