Fat Girl tells HER views on hikes in the Pacific Northwest

I HATE, HATE, and triple HATE it when a hiking website or book tells me that a hike is easy and you get there and it kills you! This is because, if your like me, you might be outta shape or FAT. Hiking is a bitch no doubt about it! But, I wanted something cheap and fun to do with my girlfriends and hiking is the perfect way to rid yourself of women drama and just do something! Since I started hiking in January 2010 I have lost 30 lbs...I still have another 50 to go so I have grabbed some friends and hit the trail and I want you to do the same!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trillium Lake Snowshoe ROUND 2 February 2010


Again, my friends Ida, Becky, and Amanda decided to go snowshoeing again! We did the same loop on Mount Hood called Trillium Lake. This time though I was better prepared! We knew the whole loop was gonna take a long time to complete so we shortened the distance. By doing this instead of turning right at the end of hill-kill-me-now we went straight.

For this second time around adventure I wore the same clothing as before: Waterproof pants, long sleeve shirt, hiking cushioned socks, and water proof windbreaker. But, I also added in some essentials to make this adventure less painful. I bought mole skin for my feet and placed huge patches of it on my arches and heel. I also brought a bandana for the sweat I knew would drip down my back.

This shorter distance is about 4 miles but, we finished it in 3 hours with time to stop and snack at the frozen lake. I'm hoping you can tell by the less cursing in my post that it wasn't that bad. I was still sore the next day in my legs but, it was easily cured with 2 advil and alot of water.

I would recommend to any other fat girl out there who is looking to explore nature is to do this 4 mile journey first. Again, hill-kill-me-now will hurt...and you might cry...and you might throw yourself down onto the snow like a toddler and kick and scream and tell your friends that you hate them but, you can do this! When Becky and I made it up hill-kiss-my-ass last (again) I didn't cry this time and we made sure to stop every 500 yards or so to take a quick breather (and to let me legs stop yelling profanities).

FINAL THOUGHT
Do this! Get out with your kids, family, or friends and DO THIS! If you are like me I was so happy with the accomplishment I had made!!

No comments:

Post a Comment