Fat Girl tells HER views on hikes in the Pacific Northwest

I HATE, HATE, and triple HATE it when a hiking website or book tells me that a hike is easy and you get there and it kills you! This is because, if your like me, you might be outta shape or FAT. Hiking is a bitch no doubt about it! But, I wanted something cheap and fun to do with my girlfriends and hiking is the perfect way to rid yourself of women drama and just do something! Since I started hiking in January 2010 I have lost 30 lbs...I still have another 50 to go so I have grabbed some friends and hit the trail and I want you to do the same!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pittock Mansion Hike April 2010



Leave early with your team to get to Lower Macleay park on 28th and Hoyt as parking around this area bites the big one! We left around 8am and met up for coffee before heading out.

It was a warm day in April so with my hiking pants I wore a tank top but, brought my jacket just in case!

The bathrooms at Macleay Park were disgusting! I recommend you pee in the wilderness on this hike or wait till you hike up the 2.5 mile trail and pee at the mansion.

This hike is 5 miles round trip....2.5 miles straight up 2.5 miles straight down. Doesn't this sound like good times! Towards the end of the uphill torture one of my friends even said "this is where Sheryl gets pissy". Damn straight I was pissy...why do I even go on this hikes with you bitches was really what I was thinking!!

This was a great hike though! Good exercise and beautiful scenery! There is great things to see as you walk along the trail..but the most important thing about this hike is that the finish was amazing! Pittock Mansion is gorgeous! The views are spectacular!!
But again, make sure you bring your attitude control with you (and no sharp objects). Think about Lady Gaga if that helps! For some reason Pokerface pa pa pa pa pa pa pokerface tends to make me go faster and forget the burn in my legs and lungs.

After this hike, which took us about 3 hours with lunch at the mansion, we went and got pedicures at a nice little salon on 23rd and Glisan. This made up for all the pain I had to go through!!


FINAL THOUGHT
If you want to hike this trail then do it! It's amazing to see a park like this in downtown PTown. If you are nervous on your ability to make it up a mountain....then take your time. Make sure you are in no rush to complete it! If it really does scare you then have a friend park a car off of Cornell Rd at the other trail head you must cross that parking lot to complete this adventure up the hill. This way if your really struggling you can cut it short. But, the view was worth the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment