Fat Girl tells HER views on hikes in the Pacific Northwest

I HATE, HATE, and triple HATE it when a hiking website or book tells me that a hike is easy and you get there and it kills you! This is because, if your like me, you might be outta shape or FAT. Hiking is a bitch no doubt about it! But, I wanted something cheap and fun to do with my girlfriends and hiking is the perfect way to rid yourself of women drama and just do something! Since I started hiking in January 2010 I have lost 30 lbs...I still have another 50 to go so I have grabbed some friends and hit the trail and I want you to do the same!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Silver Falls Hike March 2010

Hmmmm...Silver Falls State Park an amazing place to hike...just not in March when its raining and cold!

We made it about 6 miles when my step-daughter gave up. She and I waited in the North Falls parking lot in the rain for over an hour while the other girls finished the hike and got the car.

This is an amazing hike! I would recommend though that if your just starting out hiking that you take the Maple Trail and go backwards to South Falls. Then as you get more comfortable with hiking do the Whole thing in like May or June...Just not March.

Oh also, don't get to close to the cliffs...some one died here the day before we went.  One more thing too...with this hike don't forget to pack extra clothes if the trail is muddy and check your attitude at the trail head. I was a massive crabby pants the whole journey. Again, I wanted to punch someone in the face but I restrained myself...

FINAL THOUGHT
Take time to complete this adventure just not in March. I am going to do this hike again maybe in September when the weather is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment